Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I had to replace my batteries on my 02 dodge 2500 cummins,

Customer Question
I had to replace...

I had to replace my batteries on my 02 dodge 2500 cummins, hooked back up, alarm went off, shut off with remote, went to start truck and nothing. I have been reading that the evsii has a starter kill. Who do u reset the thing to get the truck started. I pushed the valet button and no luck. Help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes, ty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried key in drivers door, removing pos terminals and turning on key and reattaching terminals. Kinda at a loss

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need help please

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/27/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 2 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Exactly what happens when you try to start it? Any sounds a at all?
I have lights, all dash lights even radio. But it will not start. The glow plug turns on also. It has a evs ii alarm system, and I did some research, i read that it has a kill wire running to the starter. I found the switch under the dash for the alarm system, and found the way to possibly get around it. I read that you turn the key on, press the button in and turn the key to start at the same time. I don't know if that will work yet, the truck is at my friends shop, and going there tonight to try this. What do you think?

Try that and let me know. Also, Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

This will help me determine if it was originally equipped with a FACTORY Immobilizer System. It is possible that the EVSII and the Immobilizer became "Out of Sync" when you replaced the batteries...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Hello,I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >"http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-Robertr/?r=SprinterRob&bt=0" My Profile Page[/URL](Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find itIf we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
Answer