Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a 2010 Dodge Journey. When driving home, lights were…

Customer Question
Have a 2010 Dodge...

Have a 2010 Dodge Journey. When driving home, lights were flickering. Made it home okay, but now car won't start, and key won't come out of ignition.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Dashboard and headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything. Had it towed to a local garage. I've read all sorts of comments from others about the same issue, so not sure what to think.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure what else they might need to know.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/26/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 3 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by the alternator not charging and draing the battery, have you tried charging the battery yet?

no, had it towed to a local garage.

if it starts with a jump, then they need to check the alternator, this is most likely the cause,Tim