Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1990 DODGE W 250 4 WHEEL WITH 5.9 CUMMINS DIESEL. TRANS WAS…

Customer Question
1990 DODGE W 250 4...
1990 DODGE W 250 4 WHEEL WITH 5.9 CUMMINS DIESEL.
TRANS WAS JUST REBUILT.
WHEN ACCELERATING FROM A STOP, I GET A PULL BACK LIKE IT IS DROPPING DOWN IN A LOWER GEAR.
TALKED TO TRANS PLACE AND HE TELLS ME IT IS A BAD THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR.
DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT?
IF IT IS I NEED A PIC OF WHERE IT IS ON THE ENGINE
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 day by:
3/27/2018
Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 27 days ago
eric remington

hello I'm here to help can I get a vehicle id number

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ib7km268ils734127
Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 27 days ago

l​ooks like to me its at bottom of throttle body.do you see the connector at bottom of throttle body. think you gotta replace throttle body to fix it if that connector doesn't come loose. gotta love it

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 27 days ago

did they test the throttle body to confirm that? did they say they found a glitch in the built in sensor in tbody? do you have a scanner that is obd 1? if you did you could monitor the tps in throttle body?

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 27 days ago

what is trans doing?

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 26 days ago

b​ut yes throttle position can affect trans shifting. You need to scan the tps circuit with obd 1 scanner or at least test wiring of tps on throttle body. scanner with data would be best

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 26 days ago

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

if for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 26 days ago

h​ook up scanner press throttle and see if computer recognizes difference. data tps reading should change if not then either a problem in throttle body throttle switch or bad ecm/wiring..make sure no squirrels been chewing on anything lol

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 23 days ago

I​f you have no further question Please rate me as that is how I am compensated

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 23 days ago

Dodge Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 21 days ago

hello how is it going?

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington