Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Bought a n\ew alternater and the belt is to to go back.

Bought a n\ew alternater...

Bought a n\ew alternater and the belt is to long to go back

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?

Alternater, trying to put a new one one bit belt is to long for this one

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2011 dodge hemi 1500 5.7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my husband is, tried what the diagrams on line said but still to long

3/26/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you reinstalling the same belt after replacing the alternator?

If you are using the same belt then you have to be routing it wrong. I have enclosed the correct belt routing diagram for you in the link below. Have him look at it and route it this way and you should be good.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsr20pjgsw7v685/5.7%20drive%20belt%20Mar%2026.pdf?dl=0

Thank you he's going out to try that

Your very welcome and thank you as well. As long as he installs it per the diagram you should be fine.Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician