Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

New 2016 ram 1500 it is giving me PO441 Code on OBD 2. I…

Customer Question
New 2016 ram 1500...

New 2016 ram 1500 it is giving me PO441 Code on OBD 2

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I don't want to reset buntil I understand it The code is PO441 ? $03, $07,$0A

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Two weeks oago Dodge service shop reset the light and toldme to se what happens

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The Truck was in a rear end collision and they replaced the box an new gas tank.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/26/2018
Dodge Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 3 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

below are possible failures.

You will need a shop to hook up to an advanced scan tool and run a bay test on the evap system. that will confirm the code is active.

you are smart not clearing it. there is freeze frame data there for a tech to see when he checks the system. clearing does absolutely nothing as the issue is still there and needs to be checked.

Roy

Possible Causes

FUEL TANK PRESSURE (FTP) SENSOR 5-VOLT SUPPLY OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE

PURGE SOLENOID VACUUM LINE LEAKING OR BROKEN

PURGE SOLENOID VACUUM LINE OR PORT RESTRICTED/OBSTRUCTED

PINCHED/OBSTRUCTED LINE BETWEEN THE PURGE SOLENOID AND CANISTER

PINCHED/OBSTRUCTED LINE BETWEEN THE CANISTER AND FUEL TANK

FUEL TANK PRESSURE SENSOR

PURGE SOLENOID

Always perform the PRE-DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE before proceeding. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Standard Procedure).