Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2012 RAM 1500, I'm replacing the factory radio with…

I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 RAM 1500, I'm replacing the factory radio with a BOSS radio that has navigation. I need schematics for the radio wiring plug pins. The original didn't have navigation so I think I might have to run wires for parking brake, reverse and speed sensor for the navigation to work.

3/26/2018
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Good afternoon. Can I get your VIN?
1C6RD7FT6CS314113 is my VIN. Current factory installed radio is RES
I'm not working on my vehicle right now. I'm in my office, so I can't do things step-by-step over the phone right now. I need a proper connector pin identifier for the connectors in the back of the factory installed radio. There are two connectors going into the back of my current, factory installed radio (RES). One of them is a 22 pin connector that only has 10 wires going into it (looks like 8 wires for the 4 speakers, a chassis ground wire, a battery positive or possibly an ignition wire and then two other wires that I'm not sure are for). There is also a 10 pin square connector that has only three wires going into it.

I have attached the C2 pinout to better help,

Brad

The drawing is somewhat helpful, but is NOT complete. It does not show the 10 pin connector that also plugs into the back of the RES radio. What are those three wires for in that 10-pin connector for (in other words what are they hooked up to)? Also I'm working on maintaining steering wheel control buttons and enabling navigation on my new, aftermarket radio (BOSS BV9378NV). Most wires (speakers, power, ground, etc.) are easy to figure out (I have a Metra 6522 adapter harness I'm building), but I need to be able to hook up wires from the radio for: Steering wheel control Key A, and key B, ACC (+12V), parking brake signal and reverse signal. That's why I need to know what the purpose of ALL wires on both connectors going to the radio are. Do have a better schematic that shows more (including that second 10-pin connector) in the back of the radio?

The C1 connector is for handsfree which I also attached for you..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
OK Brad, as soon as I'm finished, I'll give you a rating. It's obvious that I'm going to have to tap into some wiring harnesses to get signals for parking brake and reverse. I'll also need to draw off of ACC (+12V) and hopefully be able to tap into Key A and Key B for steering wheel controls. That said, this last thing I'll need from you that would be immensely helpful and enable me to complete this project would be if you can provide me wiring diagrams for the wiring harness (or harnesses) that are behind the dash board. If I know where those areas are behind the dash and where the wires run, I can find the connectors and tap off of the signals that I need to hook up to my radio. Do you have access to wiring location diagrams for behind the dash? They are a little different from schematics as they show or describe WHERE connectors/wires are physically located in the vehicle?