Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I got code P1011 and p2276 or p2267 I'm not sure what is…

Customer Question
Hi I got code...

Hi I got code P1011 and p2276 or p2267 I'm not sure what is that mean

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I'm unable to start the truck

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2007 dodge ram 3500 dually

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/26/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 3 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

P1011-FUEL PUMP DELIVERY PRESSURE TOO LOW

Theory of Operation

The ECM will turn on the MIL lamp immediately after the diagnostic runs and fails. The ECM will turn off the MIL lamp after the diagnostic runs and passes in four consecutive drive cycles.

1. When Monitored:

While the engine is running.

2. Set Condition:

A deviation between the fuel pressure set point and the actual fuel pressure.

Possible Causes

FUEL LEAKS

FUEL FILTER

LIFT PUMP FLOW

HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP

LEAKING FUEL INJECTORS OR HIGH PRESSURE CONNECTORS

PRESSURE LIMITING VALVE

FUEL CONTROL ACTUATOR

CHECK VALVE DAMAGED OR BLOCKED

FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR

FUEL RETURN LINES OBSTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR DEBRIS

CASCADE OVERFLOW VALVE

AIR IN FUEL SYSTEM

P2267-WATER IN FUEL SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH

Theory of Operation

The water-in-fuel sensor is attached to the bottom of the fuel filter. The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides a 5-volt reference signal to the water-in-fuel sensor. When the water collected in the fuel filter covers the sensor probes, the water in fuel sensor then pulls the 5-volt reference voltage to ground indicating high water accumulation in the fuel filter. The ECM illuminates the Water In Fuel lamp immediately after the diagnostic runs and fails. During this time water in fuel may cause white smoke, loss of power or hard starting. The Water In Fuel lamp will turn off once the water is drained from the filter.

1. When Monitored:

Ignition on.

2. Set Condition:

High voltage detected at the WIF signal circuit at the Engine Control Module (ECM).

Possible Causes

(G123) WIF SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE

(G123) WIF SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN

(K914) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN

WATER IN FUEL SENSOR

ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM)

I hope that helps to answer your question, but let me know if you need anything further. Thanks.

When you are satisfied that I have answered your question, please provide a 5 star rating since this is how your expert is compensated for taking time out of their day to assist you. However, if you need any more info please reply back to me before you provide any rating, Thanks again!