Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Dodge caliper which was broken into and the…

Customer Question
I have a 2011 Dodge...
I have a 2011 Dodge caliper which was broken into and the entire ignition system was ripped out so I had to change out the module and got a new key but it still won't crank and won't start the anti-theft light is on and has a bolt with parentheses around it on the dash. They're saying I need to reset my computer or reprogram it. But I'm wondering if there is a cheaper fix or solution or bypass even
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
Sorry to be more specific the dealership is telling me I need to have it towed there so that the computer can be reprogrammed is there any way around this expensive procedure
3/26/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Yes, the dealership is correct.

Any module replacement needs to be programmed AND linked by a dealer scantool.

Generally a laptop these days.

Sorry to hear of your breakin and damage.

Gary

P do myselfHow much does that cost and I it possible
How much does it cost and is it possible to do myself

Ok, if you have done all the parts replacement, and it is only a laptop job now, I would say the dealer would want 1 hour labour.

They should be able to quote this to you over the phone.

Unless you have the manufacturer program on your laptop, I doubt you can do this yourself.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary