Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have 04 3500 cummins low beams and wiper delay did not…

I have 04 3500...

I have 04 3500 cummins low beams and wiper delay did not work got a power control module from junk yard everything worked for about 5 minutes and now nothing no lights no turn signals put old pcm back in and also nothing I need to fix its my work truck and have no clue what needs to to be replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the fuses?

Yes have checked both

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have checked wiring ,bulbs and all the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My brake and abs light in dash keep blinking off and on also

3/26/2018
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark, and I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

The module that you replaced........where is it located?

it was the front control module that is connected to the fuse box

Thanks for clarifying that, your original description was a bit misleading.

Ok, when I first read your post, I figured the FCM was the likely suspect. Having replaced it already lessens that chance, but used ones are just that...........no guarantee that they are any better than what you removed.

There are many times that we end up changing both the FCM and the underhood fuse box at the same time due to corrosion in the fuse box. Since all the FCM circuits have to travel through the fuse box it ia hard to tell which one is causing the issue.

What I would suggest is to replace both of them, the FCM and the fuse box.

Hope that helps.....

When you are satisfied that I have answered your question, please provide a 5 star rating since this is how your expert is compensated for taking time out of their day to assist you. However, if you need any more info please reply back to me before you provide any rating, Thanks again!

does the fuse box have to be programmed to my truck?

No, no programming required.

Forgot to mention that that the park lamp relay in the fuse box was buzzing pretty load and vibrating off and on would this be caused by the bad fuse box and FCM

Most likely, yes.

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician