Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2011 or 12 durango low light was flashing..now it is on…

Customer Question
My 2011 or 12...

My 2011 or 12 durango low light was flashing..now it is on and another light is on that has skid marks off is on it drives a hard with the lights on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

There are twp lights on LOW light is completing on and another light on a different has a picture a truck with skid marks underneath with the words off

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. i took it to the dealer several times about the low light flashing the truck is driving in low but the low is turned

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. just want to know how to get out of low

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
I have two lights on my 2011 Dodge Durango. The low light and another light on a different has a picture a truck with skid marks underneath with the words off. How to get my truck out of low. It is stuck in low. the low range knob is not on. My truck is driving in low range. The truck switches gears when i placed it in neutral
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/25/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 3 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Did you try selecting out of low when the transmission in Neutral .

Next try reversing a few meters to see if it disengages.

Do you have the use of a diagnostic scan tool with ABS and 4WD .

Greg

I did this when i notice that the truck LOW light was flashing.No diagnostic tool. The engine sounds fine. I have taken the truck to the dealer several times about the same issue. They don't see anything wrong. This time, I am unable to get it out by placing it in reverse.

4WD LOCK to 4WD LOW or 4WD LOW to 4WD
LOCK

NOTE: When shifting into or out of 4WD LOW, some
gear noise may be heard. This noise is normal and is not
detrimental to the vehicle or occupants.
Shifting can be performed with the vehicle rolling 2-3
mph (3-5 km/h) or completely stopped. USE EITHER OF
THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
Preferred Procedure
1. With engine RUNNING, slow vehicle to 2-3 mph (3-5
km/h).
2. Shift the Transmission into NEUTRAL (depress clutch
on manual transmissions).
3. While still rolling, rotate the transfer case control
switch to the desired position.
4. After the desired position indicator light is ON (not
flashing), shift transmission back into gear (release clutch
on manual transmissions).
Alternate Procedure
1. Bring the vehicle to complete stop.
2. With the key ON and the engine either OFF or
RUNNING, shift the transmission into NEUTRAL (depress
clutch on manual transmissions).
3. Rotate the transfer case control switch to the desired
position.
on manual transmissions).
NOTE: If steps 1 or 2 of either the Preferred or Alternate
Procedure are not satisfied prior to attempting the shift or
if they no longer are being met while the shift attempt is
in process, then the indicator light will flash and the
current transfer case position will be maintained. To retry
the selection, turn the control **** back to the current
position, wait five (5) seconds, and retry shift.

NOTE:

The ignition key must be ON for a shift to take
place and for the position indicator lights to be operable.
If the key is not ON then the shift will not take place and
no position indicator lights will be on or flashing.

Greg

it did not work

Okay you will need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for codes

and if no codes check the sensors and activate them .may have a problem with the transfer case position sensor .

A diagnostic scan tool will be needed to test and confirm this .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

The shop got it out. Now the low light is back flashing again.Why do you think the low light flashes all the time.

Need to get malfunction codes and repair otherwise you are going to have this problem

all the time.

Could be the sensor failure as said above .

Greg