Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Dodge ram with 5.7 hemi I was driving on

highway it started to shutter...
I have a 2005 Dodge ram with 5.7 hemi I was driving on highway it started to shutter as if trans was going out engine light came on and when I came to a stop it died I could it had a missfire when I limped it home I checked for codes with code reader I have four codes as follows po300 po172 po175 po153 po2097 all are related to o2 sensors and or injectors also on acceleration it started making a poping sound out of plenum sound sound came from right side of engine where should I start?
3/25/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Your codes are for misfires and running rich. How many miles are on the spark plugs?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Hello Chris there could be @ least 65k on spark plugs and there champion that I installed around 4 years ago along with new bosch wires all was good till today.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I find it hard to believe all 8 injectors failed at once the o2 sensors all are old that I understand.

OKay, an incorrect reading O2 sensor can cause an engine to run lean or rich because the O2 sensors tell the computer how long to leave the injectors open. A cylinder, not firing can affect the O2 sensor reading. However, a misfire will result in oxygen not burnt up in combustion so that would mean the sensors would detect lean. The list of things that can be to blame for these codes all in conjunction is super long. From plugs, wires, O2 sensors, valve springs. I can provide the diag steps if you want them. My suggestion is to remove the valve cover on the noisy side of the engine and check the valve train for issues, then new plugs, better than Champion, and then upper O2 sensors.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician