Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2011 dodge 3500 4x4 manual transmission, manual 4wheel

2011 dodge 3500 4x4...

2011 dodge 3500 4x4 manual transmission, manual 4wheel actuation. Problem -*****light out of sync. When in 2wheel it shows im in 4wd. When in 4 high it shows no light. When in neutral it shows 4low. When in 4 low it says 4wd. Just before this happened, I was in 4wd high briefly. As soon. As I went into 2wd the service 4wd light came on then went off after 10 seconds. It shifts into all gears just fine and all works as it should. Can't stand driving in 2 wheel while my 4wd light is on. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No issues there

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just happened and haven't looked into it

3/25/2018
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Bg513489. 146224 miles

Your vehicle should have the 271 Transfer case. Your unit should have the shift position sensor located on top of the transfer case. It is basically on top center area of the transfer case. There is a 2 way connector on this sensor. Replace this Transfer Case Shift Position Sensor and all should be well...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and effort. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you have paid to use the service. Leaving no rating results in the WEBSITE retaining the payment and the Expert that helped you out receives no credit. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will this sensor malfunction prevent normal operation of the drive system prior to replacememt?

With a manual shift system, this sensor will not cause any issues with 4x4 operation. The sensor is mainly for the*****indicator light..

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Thank you...

Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through >>> My Profile Page <<< (Bookmark this link and share it with your friends). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master