Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a dodge neon and I used a scan tool and I got a mid #

Customer Question
I have a dodge...

I have a dodge neon and I used a scan tool and I got a mid # $71 what is this

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Neon?

04

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Neon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checking stuff out and I got this number not passed in manufacturer defined monitor id (mid)$71

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just what this monitor is and should I be concerned

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/25/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 3 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

Has your check engine light turned on at all?

No I wanted to know what (mid) $71 is and why it has failed

Thanks for the reply.

OK, what you're looking for is some pretty in depth stuff in how the PCM uses its algorithms to monitor various systems and the hows and whys of how it works.

Quite honestly it is way to in depth to be covered in this form of media, but rest assured if there was an issue with your car relating to what you're seeing, then your light would be on. The hows and why's are totally explainable but it can't be covered here, unfortunately.

Ok sounds fair enough just out of curiosity what is it anyways
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 3 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome! Different expert here.

That's the engineering or coding that is used to identify which specific test the computer has run or will run so it knows which circuit or system has passed or failed. You don't need to worry about it unless you are writing the software for that computer. :)

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Why has this test failed and what is all involved

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

No

Ok no problem.