Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2015 ram 3500 6.7litre has coded P-0750 and I limped

Customer Question
My 2015 ram 3500...

My 2015 ram 3500 6.7litre has coded P-0750 and I limped home. I also noticed the transmission temp did not increase at all on the ride home (to normal operating temp) while the engine temp hit normal op temps.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P-0750 Shift SolenoidA and yes but reoccurs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried clearing codes, and checking oil level, i'm just starting to try to diagnose. If I can fix it myself I will, but if it is to much I will have to make apt with dodge

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Right now that is all I have for information

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/24/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 3 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

For now I can post the procedure that is needed to diagnose code P0750. Is this what you are needing? Do you have access to a Multi-meter to run some electrical tests?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

I have a multi-meter

Here is the factory procedure--->> Click Here to view <<--- Unfortunately, I don't think you have the special tool "transmission simulator" so here is an "Alternate Diagnostic Procedure" that may help you get this solved. --->> Click Here to view <<---

If all else fails, you may just use the diagram that is part of the factory procedure to pin check the solenoid wires. If all ok, replace the solenoid pack...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.