Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2016 Dodge charger check engine light came on last

My 2016 Dodge charger...

My 2016 Dodge charger check engine light came on last night....it rough idling at stop lights and hesitates slightly when accelerate past 45mph...what do you think?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It did blink three times the first two times as I monitored the situation this morning on hwy it came on and stayed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm not but I did add seafoam to gas thinking it was bad gas yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

3/24/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This sounds like a misfire. If it's possible you could have the codes read by a parts store, this will let you know which cylinder is misfiring. It's safe to drive it a limited amount. It won't leave you stranded, but could cause some catalytic converter damage with raw fuel going into the exhaust system. More then likely it needs a new ignition coil on one of the cylinders.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to make this a 5 star answer for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic
What is the orientation of the ignition coils so I can replace the bad one

Which engine do you have in it?

V6 3.6L VVT

Thanks, ***** ***** just a moment to look it up.

Thanks so, standing in front the car the left side is the even and starting with the first one nearest me is 2,4,6

If you are standing in front of the car looking at the engine, the right side is your evens, and 2 is the first cylinder on that side.

Well that's confusing since you said sitting in driver seat odd is on the left

I'm sorry, driver side sitting in it is the even numbers, passenger side is odd. Sorry for the confusion. Left is always the driver side when working with cars. Unless of course you are in England or Australia.