Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2015 3.0 ecodiesel no codes but my fuel mileage.

I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 3.0 ecodiesel no codes but my fuel mileage. when from 26/27 on hiway to 21/22 an i dont know why or what to look 4. i do have a good bit of 5.9 an 7.3 knowledge ijust got the truck took it on its first trip. did this? it has 62000 miles on it now my trip was 6200. when i got it i could set the trip gage it wood some time hit 30 now it will not get over 23 doing the same things? 57000 when i got it .were? what? have a foxwell nt510 scanner .an a shop what to look 4 thank rick

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts fine but milage is going down

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Dodge?

Ds crew cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its fuel mileage

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No if reads it should b enough

3/24/2018
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
I don't usually see fuel economy problems with the eco diesel, but what I have been noticing lately is the EGR valve not sealing closed when commanded and causing excessive soot problems. Then the boost sensor gets plugged up and causes a slight loss of performance and fuel economy. Remove and clean the boost sensor on top of the intake manifold towards the rear of it. It is attached by a single #30 Torx screw. Clean it with some electrical contact cleaner and shop air. This should help. Now if that sensor continues to soot up, then you may wsnt to have that EGR valve replaced.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system or accept my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
thats it i allso noticed that it doesnt take right off like im haveing to push hard on the gas pedal . is there a way to check this

Cleaning that boost sensor should help with the performance.

Thank you for accepting my answer! Click on the link below to see the boost sensor.

Chris