Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Dodge caliber and it starts and then motor…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Dodge caliber and it starts and then motor dies.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Hi Moose! Yes lights turn on and battery has a good charge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caliber yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are trying to repair/diagnose problem on our own - checked battery, did add oil because when tow driver towed it home he mentioned it may be low on oil - it does have gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Was running and just shut off on it's own -- we are in Ohio and temp is in 40's

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/23/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

What is the security indicator doing ,flashing , steady on or goes out after you turn key to on position ?

so the car had to be towed ,where u driving it and died on you ?

was the oil level checked and added to to top off since tow driver checked low ?

was there a check engine light on , on dash prior ?

what is the mileage on it now

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat