Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am getting a code that my egr actuator control circuit ha…

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a code that my egr actuator control circuit ha s lost ground

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I think it was p1689 and yes i have reset it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2001 2500 desiel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes iam

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes is there a charge for talking to him

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Dodge Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the told charge

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Dodge Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

That does not tell me the total i nedd a price to make sure i have the money

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/23/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 4 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

The 2001 diesel engines do not use an egr valve. I've uploaded the diagnostic procedure for the P1689 on the diesel engine. Have a read through it and see if you have any further questions. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lx9rjo269cx0a3w/p1689.pdf?dl=0