Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It started with loss of power and a loud banging noise. the…

It started with loss...

It started with loss of power and a loud banging noise. the noise has gone away and i chaged #4 injector. There is 5.4 volts on each injector but after reving up the engine #4 misfire code comes up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

I measured injector harness but dont remember what the value was however i do think it was slightly above one

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

No only since this issue it is also smoking

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Dodge?

2011 with the 6.7 cummins

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed #4 injector ordered the wiring harness checked resistance and voltage at each injector

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When i disconnect the wires for 4,5,6 injector i get no distinct change

3/24/2018
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If you're setting only a misfire code and not an injector control circuit code then wiring shouldn't be in question. A misfire code by itself could be caused by an injector issue, a restricted connector tube, or an internal engine issue.

Is P0304 the only code that's setting?

Did you replace the injector yourself?

that’s the only code and yes I replaced it

Other than the physical job of replacing the injector was anything else done to complete that repair?

sprinkles08
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Phone call session started