Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

98 5.2l dose not stay running starts dies plugs are wet with…

Customer Question
98 5.2l dose not...

98 5.2l dose not stay running starts dies plugs are wet with gas and it's pushing coolent out is it my intake

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Turns good starts up then dies wet and black exost out the back

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tested 5 sensors the 6th one in tran did not get to fuel is up spark is good changes computer as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Relays are working but no engine light but codes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/23/2018
Dodge Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thank you for visiting the site. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question.

please do a compression test on all cylinders

hows it going?