Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 dodge 6.7 Cummins th. Is there a way to get…

I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 dodge 6.7 Cummins th

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Dodge?

Is there a way to get the drivers side window up on my 2009 dodge diesel pickup. It's stuck down and I am out in the middle of nowhere with only the tool box I have in the back of my truck.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

It is a 2009 and it was last serviced about 2 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I took the door panel off and tried to wiggle the wires which usually works but isn't thus time and the little motor thing is hot to the touch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can I manually get the window up for now so I can get home and then tomorrow can take it to get fixed

3/22/2018
eric remington

hello do you still require assistance?

sorry not too many experts available at that time

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I made it home but my days start early and end late. I am a rancher and am doctoring cattle right now but would love to be able to get this window up before I have to drive the 48 miles into town mostly dirt roads.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No not very good service
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Just text it to me so I can read it as I go please

d​o you want a list of possibilities (there are more than one) or would you like me to help you diagnose the problem. I can diagnose by going to your vehicle(not practical} or I can tell you what you need to do to help us diagnose problem. So do you want a list of possibilities or are you willing to pull door panel and perform testing at my lead.? does motor continue to go down or is it stuck either way? or are you afraid to try because it may go further down?

I cant speak for the other experts who are subcontractors that work for this company, on a commission basis...but my excuse is, I was asleep at the time

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No worries. I am horse back doctoring cattle right now. The motor isn't working it doesn't make a sound anyway. The other 3 windows work and when it happened I went to role it down a little way but it just kept going. It is all the way down and will not go back up. This has happened once before at that time I took the door panel off jiggled the wires and it worked. Thought that would be the case this time but it wasn't. And when I touched the little motor thing that is in the door it was really hot
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I just want to get it up manually so I don't burn anything up and can make it until I can get to town and have it fixed. I am sure it is going to need a new motor but 1 I can't afford it right now and 2 I don't know when I will be going to town. Usually only go once a month
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I would have been sleeping too but some drunk tan through my fence and I was gathering cows and fixing fence most of the night

L​ITLE MOTOR THING...SO SOMEONE WAS DOING WHISKEY ROUNDS AND BEER CHASERS AND MESSED UP YOU FENCE HAHA. SORRY IT MUST BE A PAIN HAVING TO FIX THAT. IM SURE THEY LEFT A NOTE STATING THEY WOULD PAY FOR DAMAGES....

CA​N U SEND A PIC OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? SWITCH? MODULE?

the piece getting hot that is

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Again ah I am horseback doctoring cattle probably 7or 8 miles from my pickup
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
But probably couldn't anyway can't hardly see it but I could feel it when I ran my hand up from the bottom of the door through one of those holes.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Please just tell me how to put the window up manually that's all I need ok

if it goes down but not up probably a bad switch. that's a guess, best answer based on what I know so far. the only way to manually get window up is to remove door panel take motor out and then manually push up window regulator...

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Have tried pushing up on it and it won't budge

wo​uld you like instruction on how to remove door panel and window motor so you can do that? or do you want instructions on how to figure out what the problem is....the motor has it locked...

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
By hand so if I take that little motor off i will be able to push it up???

yes motor has it locked into that position..so either you have to remove motor or fix the problem so that motor can put it back up...sorry its not ez

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I know how to take door panel off tell me how to take motor off

the window motor....take motor out push window up by hand and put motor back in...the way I keep window to stay up...because it will go back down by itself in the tracks, is to keep window wedged up....the way you wedge window up is to get a door stop (there is a special tool like to suction cups that you straddle over top of window) and wedge it in there till you can get motor back in while window in up position. disconnect motor wring if you don't plan on fixing it lest it happen again

s​o if you don't have suction cup tool, that goes on inside and outside of glass to keep it up while you work on it, is just use a door stop from hardware store...works fine or have someone hold it up don't drop it or you could bust the glass

y​ou want motor removal/install procedure instructions?

do you have vin number handy so I can look up procedure on my online repair manual?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No thanks I appreciate it. I'm a damn good cowboy for being a girl but damn sure not much of a mechanic. Plus I broke my right hand and it's in a cast so that sure makes things difficult. Anyway appreciate it.

that's what I'm here for you can put plastic thru the window in case of rain bugs eetc. just tape it up till hand heals..sorry bout that sounds like you goin thru the ringer...If you would please rate me as that is how I'm compensated for my time thank you!

eric remington

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington