Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Need to figure out where the yellow wire from the starter…

Need to figure out...

Need to figure out where the yellow wire from the starter solenoid goes, 07 dodge ram 2500 6.7 cummins

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Dodge Ram. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Wiring harness was trashed in a fire, I have traced everything else. Yellow wire engages starter, but cant figure out where the solenoid is engaged from when you turn the key to energize solenoid and start car

I believe that pin 87 on the relay on the TIPM is what generates the solenoid to energize, is that correct?
3/22/2018
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thank you for visiting the site. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question.

standby

if thats the case then I guess I need to trace the terminal pin to one of the connectors on the bottom of the TIPM, perhaps the wire pulled loos from the underside....

the starter relay is not serviceable on this vehicle. if its bad, the entire tipm has to be replaced

Its NOT the TIPM, it worked fine before the yellow wire pulled loose from SOMEWHERE!

I didnt SAY it was the TIPM .

having trouble with this diagram, is c102 an actual connector end?
yah, I think thats got it, I'll be able to check it end the morning. any idea if the pin 87 i referenced is the actual circuit that that c102 connects to?

yes. 30 always latches to 87 to energize the solenoid

got it, at least that way I can jumper direct to 87 to make sure the ifnition switch is engaging the circuit, thanks for the help!

youre very welcome and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
well I just hope you get to keep some of the money the site charges...:)

I do, half. I hear complaints about how much they charge all of the time, but I have nothing to do with that.

thanks

Hello There, I had a chance to check the info provided, I am unable to match either the wiring harness or the Terminal relay on the TIPM to the diagrams provided. Here is a picture of the underhood area and the TIPM...
PICT0090.JPGPICT0090.JPGPICT0091.JPGPICT0091.JPGPICT0093.JPGPICT0093.JPGPICT0094.JPGPICT0094.JPGPICT0095.JPGPICT0095.JPG

the connector is not near the tipm.

youre going to need to trace the yellow wire from the tipm connector to the connector c102

hows it going?

no luck so far, there are a dozen connectors on the bottom of the TIPM, none appear to be damaged. Cant find the six pin c102 connector referenced in the diagrams

standby