Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We needed to replace the stock radio in our 13 grand caravan…

Customer Question
We needed to replace...

We needed to replace the stock radio in our 13 grand caravan and got a replacement stock but it is asking for a 4 digit code that we do not have

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge Grand Caravan. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The vin numberis 2c4rdgcg6dr749524

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
3/21/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Whats your question?

Do you have any info on the vehicle this radio came from? As it is us tech's are not given this info anymore due to liability reasons but I can give you the process to do it. This is the info you will need to present to the dealer which they will supply the code free of charge , but you have to go in person as they will not do this over the phone. [ vehicle's make, model, production date and vin number, also this same info from the donor car along with the serial number of the radio ] If you cannot get the info from that donor car you may have a problem.The only other thing I can do for you is send you this link to a sight that does this for a small fee. I hope you understand what needs to9 be done and good luck.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician