Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Engine died error code P2509. Scan tool... 341278. 03 ram…

Engine died error code...

Engine died error code P2509

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

Scan tool... 341278

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

03 ram 2500 5.9 cummins

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had a code for low or intermittent fuel pump "A" . Fuel pump was a problem and was replaced. It was an "Air Dog 100" electric pump and dual filter system. Installed about 100K mies ago. Jumpered the pump both B+ and B- to the pump and no go. Air Dog sent me a new pump. I bled it up to the injection pump and reconnected it. The pump could be heard running when the key was turned on but would not start. Next step was to replace the PCM with a reman unit that was preprogramed to my VIN code. Still no go. Replaced one battery that was reading 11.21 after charging and checking all connections and cleaning the battery terminals on both batteries and all the other connectors. Still no go. Cracked an injector line and no fuel came out. Had a friend spin the engine over while I cracked the line again and no fuel. I am an old school diesel mechanic and just getting involved with common rail

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it

3/22/2018
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was beginning to think that my problem might be to complex. I welcome your response.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW AND OPEN PDF FILE FOR STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION ON TROUBLESHHOTING THIS FAULT DTC P2509,ALSO READ BELOW FOR MOST POSSIBLE CAUSES

SYMPTOM
P2509-POWERDOWN DATA LOST ERROR

WHEN MONITORED
Continuous - Key on or Key off.

SET CONDITION
Loss of voltage detected at the ECM for a calibrated amount of time.

POSSIBLE CAUSES
- Poor connections at the batteries
- Low battery voltage
- Open fused B+ To ECM
- Open ground circuit
- Battery + shorted to other circuits
- Return circuit shorted
- Battery + shorted to ground
- Intermittent condition

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Having iissues with phone. Will be in touh wen fixd

Oh no worries, phone will cost more money and not needed at this time,we can do it later if needed

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Shawn Few
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shawn, sorry to take so long to get back to you. Just got my phone working again.
I checked the lift pump, not working. Jumpered it to + and - battery terminals and nothing. It is an Air Dog aftermarket pump and dual filter system if you are not familiar with it. The new pump worked fine when I jumpered it. Disconnected the line into the injection pump and primed the line to the injector pump. Great flow. Reconnected the line but no start. Instructions I followed said that if the pump worked and no start, replace PCM.
One battery would only come up to just over 11 volts so I replaced it. Cleaned all battery terminals and checked all connectors for corrosion. They were ok.
I replaced PCM with a remain supposed to be programmed to my VIN code. Lifetime guarantee with 60 day money back. $815. Still no start.
Cracked injector line to see if there was pressure in system, No pressure, had friend turn engine over while I cracked an injector line, still no fuel.
Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few