Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Recently had front drive shaft rebuilt. (shaft had wallowed…

Customer Question
Second opinion] recently had...

Second opinion] recently had front drive shaft rebuilt. (shaft had wallowed out in transfer case badly) now not going into 4x4 drive. no light on 4x4 electrical switch in dash.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2012 3500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mechanic r&r drive shaft. he hasn't encountered problem before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just list the numerically the easiest and cheapest way to test for each component through the process.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
3/21/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 1 month ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. This could be the transfer case actuator, module or the switch. The best way to check this is with the dealer's WiTech scan tool to see what DTC's are stored in the DriveTrain Control Module. Then we can go from there. Otherwise it is guesswork . Once you know the code(s) in the DTCM (not the PCM) let me know and I can then guide you as to what should be done.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no codes in dtcm
4x4 works some times/not others
turn off and on-may work/may not

Okay, then disconnect the connectors at the t case actuator, DTCM, and front diff lock actuator. Inspect / clean and apply dielectric grease to the terminals. It may be a connection issue.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you are correct. it is an electrical issue, in the ignition switch.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
same 3500 screen broken on nav system/no radio progamming control.
most other stuff works. how can i repair or at least program radio to fm (on am only now)?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
vin cg238357 laramie radio replacement part# *****why are these the only options?

Try doing a battery disconnect/reconnect and see if that will reset the radio.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
disconnect on battery was what reset to am.
will next disconnect reset to fm?
Possibly. Worth a try. If not then performing a software update may restore it.
Let me know how it goes.Chris
Hello, just checking back to see how it is going with the truck.
Chris
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 29 days ago

Any luck?

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman