Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I had some recalls done on my 2003 Dodge 2500 Ram and a week…

I had some recalls...

I had some recalls done on my 2003 Dodge 2500 Ram and a week later it was not shifting igears as driving took it back and it was throwing codes Po123 & P1596 the dealership has had it for 3 weeks and can not figure out the problem it will work fine sometimes and not others they replaced a CCN module and FCM module and o ring along with trans. cooler line they say my issue has nothing to do with the recall items they did. I had no issues until after this work. No way to prove anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

THe transmission will be 4 yrs old next month.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is still at the Dodge dealership I am trying to educate myself and figure out what is going on since they cant without spending more time and my dollars.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. The dealership told me they notice the malfunction as they drive that the key seems loose in the ignition and the light or circle around the PRNDL will blink

3/21/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

What engine you have in it ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have it with me to but I believe it is a 5.7 Cummins Diesel automatic I have the VIN 3D7KA28603G703212

thank you for the vin#, actualy based on it u have an 03 ram 2500 2wd with 5.9 dsl on it not 5.7 liter

PLEASE CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW TSB BULLETIN AND TESTING STEPS FOR THIS ISSUE HERE ,THE IS TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN ,NOT A RECALL ,ON THIS

Please Let Me Know if you can view files and we continue

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was able to view and print this information I would like to see if the mechanic at dealership could use this information. They told me yesterday they are at a loss on what to do.

ok sounds good, from my experience the connector needs checked, for corrosion, backed out pins ,bent making poor connection, ,i use a flash light to look into pcm connector

Shows them the TSB bulletin and ask them if all the possibilities where checked especially the connectors

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Actuator blend door , gear, power and blend door itself needs checked for that issue

click on link to view the actuator in hvac box

Sorry disregard last reply was not meant for you ,was for a different member

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Please Remember to Rate me before you exist, you can always come back for follow up questions anytime even after you rate

A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Chad Farhat
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
High rates for quick information.

Thank you for the Rating :)

If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page

You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat