Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Brights on the passenger sid dont work. 2002 dakota sxt 4x4.

Customer Question
Brights on the passenger...

Brights on the passenger sid dont work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2002 dakota sxt 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have replaced the bulb twice

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont know of anything at this time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/21/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Canuck Tech, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Mechanic

Hi there - do you have a test light or a voltmeter?

not a working one at the moment i just realized i need to go bowling check back with you tomorrow sorry

This is an easy circuit. Check for power on the red wire with the orange stripe on the passenger side headlight, with the high beams on. The other end of the wire goes back to the Central timer module, which is like a body control module.

Most likely, the problem is at the pigtail connector. Check for power, and give the wires a little tug. But verify power an mess with the wire a bit before you get too carried away.

It could also be an open in the wire from the CTM, or it could be the CTM itself, but that is relatively unlikely.

Wiring at the pigtail is my best diagnosis, from this side of the internet.