Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 99 dodge is missing in cold weather at start up when it…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My 99...

Second opinion] My 99 dodge is missing in cold weather at start up when it warm outside it doesn’t miss all

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I cleaned them it started happening when I put a new fuel pump on it now I have a fass system and it is still doing it I took it to a guy said it was injectors put new ones in still does it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Dodge?

2500 24 valve Cummings

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was but I took to a guy that works on them he said number 4 injector wasn’t performing good but that didn’t work after it warms up it will stop missing at idle but if u hold the throttle at a steady rpm around 1400 to 1600 rpms it has a miss in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s all I can think of for now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/20/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 3 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

I understand you are seeking a second opinion?

Ive read through your conversation wih your previous expert.

Have you tried his recommendations? How can I help?

Not yet just wondering someone might have something easier or different to try it be a few days before I can try that