Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I had a recall on my 2012 dodge avenger airbag, which was…

Customer Question
I had a recall...

I had a recall on my 2012 dodge avenger airbag, which was fix but I don't think they reset the light, now it is constantly coming on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The airbags warning light on the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am and I have not done anything yet. I could the dealer who did the repair and he said they would take a look at it. The light actually come on right after the repairs were done

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

At first it would come on for a while and go off, now it is coming on constantly

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/20/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 3 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to A my name is Mark.

The airbag light is designed to stay off if the system is working normally, and only turn on if there is an active problem with the system. There is no need to erase fault codes to turn the light off since the light will go off automatically once the fault is no longer present.

So, after the dealer did the recall there would be no need to reset the light but it is possible they may not have plugged in the airbag correctly and that is why your light may be coming on. The first step would be to find out what fault code is being stored and see if it is related to the recall repair or not. If it is related to the recall they will correct the problem free of charge for you.

I hope that helps, let me know if you need anything further. Thanks.