Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Need release shifter trim on 2016 Journey any thoughts

Need release shifter trim...

Need release shifter trim on 2016 Journey any thoughts please

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Tried as per article and also with small screwdriver no luck thank you

3/20/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you looking for the steps to remove the trim panel from the console that goes around the shifter?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
no just the chrome pull-off at the base of the shifter....
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
no to live phone call...

That piece is part of the trim panel and the complete panel has to come off.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
its the chrome pull-off at the base of the shifter stick as you view as if driving hope that is better info

Yes, I understand that but it dose not come off separate. It's part of the complete upper trim. The upper trim does come off.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
ok tks how is it done

The if you just needing to lift it up, then all you need to do is snap it off, it just clips in place. If you are removing it completely then you have to remove the shift know as well. See the trim removal steps in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b36739l7g7pm2um/trim%20Mar%2020.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Tks Ron will give it a go best, Mike.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Glad I was able to help you are no charge. Thank you just the same and best to you.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician