Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 99 dodge is missing in cold weather at start up when it…

My 99 dodge is...

My 99 dodge is missing in cold weather at start up when it warm outside it doesn’t miss all

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I cleaned them it started happening when I put a new fuel pump on it now I have a fass system and it is still doing it I took it to a guy said it was injectors put new ones in still does it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Dodge?

2500 24 valve Cummings

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was but I took to a guy that works on them he said number 4 injector wasn’t performing good but that didn’t work after it warms up it will stop missing at idle but if u hold the throttle at a steady rpm around 1400 to 1600 rpms it has a miss in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s all I can think of for now

3/20/2018
eric remington

does yellow ck engine lite come on?

No it hasn’t

can u tell which cylinder is misfiring

yes if they are rebuilt I would say swap 3 and 4 injector and see if miss follows suit..make sense?

Well the guy I took it to said it was number 4 and he put new injectors in it and it’s still the same

WE​LL ASK HIM TO SWAP 3 AN 4 AND IF MISFIRE GOES TO CYLINDER NUMBER THREE AND REPLACE IT. IF PART IS NEW IT SHOULD BE UNDER WARRANTY.... CORRECT?

D​OES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU ?DO YOU UNDERSTAND? DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?

SO IF ITS NO 4 THAT IS STILL BAD BY PUTTING CYL 4 INJECTOR IN CYLINDER NO 3 HOLE MISFIRE SHOULD GO TO #3...MAKE SENSE?

I understand we will try it. Thanks for help I’ll let ya know what happens

IN OTHER WORKDS HE DOES A TEST ON CYL 4 AND ITS NOT FIRING SO HE CONDMES NO 4 INJECTOR BY PUTTING IT IN # 3 CYLINDER HE CAN RUN SAME TEST AND CONFIRM THATHE REBUILT INJECOT OR NEW INJECOT IS BAD

ARE THEY REBUILT? IF ITS REBUIKT IT COULD VERY WELL BE DEFECTIVE IF ITS BRAND NEW FROM FACTORY IT PROBABLY IS OK BUT ITS PROBABY NOT BRND NEW ITS PROBABLY REBUILT

The other thing I don’t understand it never started this until I change fuel pumps the lift pump went out while back had a pump in line after I changed that pump and took old lift pump completely off it started and now have fass fuel system on it still does it

PLEASE RATE ME AS MY COMPENSATION DEPENDS ON IT

YES THEY HAD DESIGN CHANGE BUT I THINK ITS COINCIDENCE IF IT HAS MILES COMPONENTS LIKE INJECTORS DO FAIL

JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO FUEL FILTER CHANGES REGULARY THAT DOES HELP AS THOSE INJECTORS ARE EXPENSIVE

eric remington
Ok thanks

tHANKS FOR CHOOSING jUST aNSWER