Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I just bought a 2013 Dodge Charger SE, and the bluetooth and…

Customer Question
I just bought a 2013...
I just bought a 2013 Dodge Charger SE, and the bluetooth and voice recognition is not functioning properly. It is the 4.3 Uconnect with phone and VR buttons on steering wheel. It does not have Sat Radio or Nav. The phone can detect Uconnect, but declines connection, and there is no response on selecting Bluetooth/Phone in settings.
I was able to get it to pair and function properly by unplugging the negative battery cable for 30 min, however after I turn the car off and turn it back on later it will not pair anymore.
BTW, my fog lights do not function at all, is this somehow related?
I called Uconnect and they are stumped.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/20/2018
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 4 months ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

Have you went online to verify your phone is compatible? What is your VIN number?

Vin is:
2C3CDXBG0DH683702The phone is a LG K10. It was confirmed as compatible online and through UConnect rep. I have also used Samgsung Galaxy, LG Stylo, and LG Stylo 2 with all same results.I do not get any response on the VR and Bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel. Then on the Settings - Phone/Bluethooth I get nothing as well. I select More - Phone with no reponse either.I then after pull the battery's negative cable for 30 min, plug it back in:
My phone can successfully pair with Uconnect.
Settings - Phone/Bluetooth responds and pairs the phone. All media and Bluetooth functions operate.
More - Phone work.
VR and Phone steering wheel buttons work.
Then after I am done done driving , turn the car off and come back later, it Phone/Bluetooth will not work anymore until I pull the battery cable again and reconnect. The Uconnect remembers my phones and setting, but I cant pull the battery cable everytime I drive.

There is a software update for this issue.. Have you had it updated at the dealership?

After running your VIN thru Chrysler you also have two open recalls that we need to perform as well.. Wheel chocks and passenger side airbag...

Dealership and Uconnect rep both confirmed after pulling my VIN over the phone that my software was up to date and no new releases have been issued for my Uconnect model.
Im aware of the both airbag and wheel chocks, the voltage regularar recall has been addressed. The dealership told me it will be $400 for a Uconnect doagnostic, and my warranty will not cover it of course. I would like my car to operate with all functions sold to me but at this price, Id sooner just AUX it and cable pull it for long drives.