Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey. The control panel on the

I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey. The control panel on the drivers door will only operate the rear windows.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic has tried replacing the panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The door panel had to be opened to replace the outside door handle. Everything worked OK until they went to put it back together.

3/20/2018
Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is Ed; welcome to JustAnswer!.

Door wiring between the body and door frame had serious issues with cracking and breaking with use on these model year Journeys. A recall - K07 - was initiated to replace entire door harnesses for just this sort of problem.

I can't know if your Journey has had its K07 harness recall done, but you can call your local Dodge/ Chrysler/ Jeep/ Ram dealer with the last 8 digits of your VIN and they can tell you over the phone whether it's eligible. I can also access these records with that VIN information, but be advised that it does expose a moderate amount of personal information to the Web - this thread is not secure. We could exchange that information on the phone if you choose our Live Phone Call option, but you can (of course) do the same thing with your local dealer at no cost.

Although pretty obvious, there's always a chance that the window switch simply didn't get reconnected following the repair. Pry the switch unit up from the outside (comes out easily) to check for proper connection.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ed

Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ed, I will check on the recall. I know I never received one and I am the only owner of this Journey.

Stuff gets lost in the shuffle sometimes and I don't believe there were any 09 Journeys exempt from the recall. Chances are pretty good that you'll have your window functions back with the new wiring.

Thanks so much for your rating! Be sure to write back on this thread if there are any problems and we'll deal with them together.

Ed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ed, I spoke to Chrysler and found there was a recall on the wiring. Funny thing is it was check off as corrected. I also mentioned that I have been on a waiting list at the dealership for an airbag modular since Feb 2017. That also was marked as corrected. They set up an appointment with me for next Tuesday. Wish me luck

Shoot, it kind of sounds like you need luck.

<ahem>

Good luck!

Dodgerench
Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician