Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a 2017 Ram 3500 and I would like to install a CD player…

have a 2017 Ram 3500...
have a 2017 Ram 3500 and I would like to install a CD player in the console. I have a factory OEM CD player from eBay, would the factory have installed the connection for it under the console?
3/20/2018
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, and welcome to just answer. It probably is there, but the only way to be sure is to remove the console and look. If it is not, then that section of harness (console jumper harness) can be added without too much trouble. Your parts department can look that up for you.

Chris

How would I access the console to find the wiring

Let me see if I can find the procedure for doing that. I will get that to you after dinner tonight (about 30 minutes from now).

Chris

Fine
Thank You

You are welcome. I will get back to you asap.

Chris

Okay, I am back. I have put the procedures information in the links below. They will open up in a PDF file when you click on them.

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra, and does not close this session. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Thank you! I will keep this session open for a few days just in case you have any follow up questions.

Chris