Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Battery dead. New exhaust from last week. Panel says “FCM”

Customer Question
Battery dead. New exhaust...

Battery dead. New exhaust from last week. Panel says “FCM” off.? 2013 Chrysler 300C hemi

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Not test it but I have it on a trickle charger and it’s taking all the charger can give it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’d like to. I think it is a elated to the new exhaust. The check engine light was on for an hour which I figured was the pcm recalibration. Then it stopped and I haven’t driven it for 4 days. I think something drained the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 4 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

So the "FCW OFF" message on the dash is what is concerning you?

The car won't start and the battery went dead.
Not just yet. Thank you. I will wait and see if battery charges first, then I will try to start it

Thanks for the reply. So you are still charging battery, is that correct?

You may want to consider having the battery tested at your local parts outlet. Sometimes there is an internal defect in the battery that causes it to go dead so you may need to just replace the battery.

Ok. Thank you. If I need more help can I call you?

I can't do phone calls from where I am but you can reply back here and I will get notified of your response. Thanks.