Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 dodge ram 1500 hood won't open from inside truck. Alao…

Customer Question
2004 dodge ram 1500 hood...
2004 dodge ram 1500 hood won't open from inside truck. Alao there is a metal bar coming down from hood latch behind grill
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/19/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW LATCH STRIKER AND SECONDARY STRIKER

Please Let Me Know IF you can open file and view and we go from there

Thank You

Chad Farhat

We do have a metal bar ,but we need to get the 1st striker/latch , the rod of the secondary pop to release

most likely the Latch release cable broke,

click on link to view RR for it ,

The is the remove and replace for front grill, take it off and using a long screw driver try moving first latch and have another pserson push down on the hood while doing it to take tension off

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW GRILL RR

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Dodge Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago