Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Exhaust filter is at 90% and engine light is on. Not yet. My…

Exhaust filter is at...

Exhaust filter is at 90% and engine light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Not yet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '90 Dodge?

My husband in nevada

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Will have tooslowed down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

2008

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
turned off 2008
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
going 30 mph towards wells nv
it went from 90 to full
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where exactly is it and what can he do.....
and I got cut off the first time and paid twice...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
250 Laramie diesel 2008
3/18/2018
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark, and I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it didn't stall he turned it off, but turned it on again and is going 30
can he fix it
I just had the ram serviced.... oil change, brake fuild, cleaned the fluids, etc...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this is my husbands number, yes call him.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It regenerated.... but he is only traveling 40mph....
Can he increase. He needs to get to Boise, which is about 4 hours away

Thanks for thew reply.

The Diesel Particulate Filter is part of the exhaust system and is an emissions related item. The message you are getting is because this exhuast filter is no almost full and the computer has de-rated the engine............meaning it has reduced the engine power until this is corrected.

The process to correct this called a "regen" and it is a procedure that is initiated with a scan tool to force the engine to burn off the accumulated ash that is built up in the filter.

If your spouse is close to a dealer, then I would suggest he make that his priority stop, before the filter gets too full and the engine is de-rated even further.

Bit of a pain to deal with on a road trip, but it you can address it right now it will be well worth it.

I hope that helps to shed some light on this for you but if you need anything further just let me know.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did you call him?
He stopped, and when he started up it said it had regenerated. He is an hour from Wells and most likely nothing is open.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also.... I got cut off from my first call somehow I have been charged double..

Unfortunately I am not able to make calls from here, so you will need to relay my information to him or wait until another expert can make a phone call. Your choice.

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Cary York
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Helpful.....
Pulling over for ten minutes and letting car idle seemed to work
but I got CHARGED twice for a call because I got disconnected, but my husband received only one phone call at(###) ###-####Can one call charged be reimbursed please?
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician