Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2010 avenger with a 2.7L V6. I have no clue how the…

I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 avenger with a 2.7L V6. I have no clue how the power steering belt comes off as it does not have a tensioner like the late models of 2004.. it is just a bracket.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

The fluids are all good. we replaced the engine and not sure how to put the belt back on as it was already off

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ok

3/18/2018
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark, and I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

OK, here are the instructions for changing the power steering belt on your 2.7 engine.

.

basically zip tie the pulley to the belt on the power steering pump side coming in from the back, and guide/ rotate crankshaft pulley till belt is guided back on? seems simple enough

Exactly!

When you are satisfied that I have answered your question, please provide a 5 star rating since this is how your expert is compensated for taking time out of their day to assist you. However, if you need any more info please reply back to me before you provide any rating, Thanks again!

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
thank you. 5 stars