Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

In the last month, my 2005 Dodge Ram 4.7L, 2WD basically…

in the last month, my...
in the last month, my 2005 Dodge Ram 4.7L, 2WD basically stalled out while driving. It happened to me, then to my son. Worried about it, but thought it was a transient issue. On Monday, I went out to go to work, jumped in the truck, and it cranked but wouldn't start. First thing I thought.....fuel pump. I've replaced two previously and so I put a fuel pressure gauge on the passenger side fuel rail. No pressure while connecting the gauge, and no pressure once I began cranking the engine. Again, engine cranked fine, but zero fuel pressure. Fuel pump fuse is good, fuel pump relay seems OK. Replaced fuel pump.....now I have good fuel pressure, but it still won't crank. I also got three new fault codes I've never seen before: P0888, P0688, P0522. I've also gotten intermittent P0700, P2706 & P0507. So, new fuel pump, cranks but won't start. No previous problems starting. Two stallouts on record. I haven't checked spark, I don't know how. If you can tell me how, I will. This vehicle has 252,500 miles. With intermittent codes, and now it won't start, am I seeing a failing PCM/
ECM?
3/19/2018
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, so it does crank over but just wont start? If you spray carb cleaner into the intake will it run? You got these codes after replacing the fuel pump, they werent there before?

Hi Gene, so, it cranks fine, just won't start. I did get fuel pressure....55-60 psi. I've not sprayed carb cleaner into the intake. I got most of the codes after I replaced the fuel pump. I've seen the 0700, 2706 and 0507 codes before, but not the 0888, 0688, or 0522.

Ok the 888 and 688 codes are indicating a lack of power, so you may have blown a fuse.. Ill attach the pinpoint tests for these codes for you to run through and see if there is a common fault between them.

Do you need more help or information?

but right now, it's dark and I can't do much in the dark. I'll get back after it tomorrow. Thx.

Not a problem, just let me know if you need more help or what you find. Thank you.

HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech