Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

03 Dodge Ram 2500 HEmi 5.7 Apps 2122, 2127 No gas pedal just…

03 Dodge Ram 2500 HEmi...
03 Dodge Ram 2500 HEmi 5.7 Apps 2122, 2127 No gas pedal just idles
3/18/2018
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

What repairs or testing have you done so far to try and fix this?

Are you needing the diagnostic tests to be able to diagnose these codes?

What question did you have for me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have an 05 pcm swapped in rewired it all engine starts and idles good but have no gas pedal
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
yo

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE ON TROUBLESHOOTING THE DTC 2122

AND READ BELOW THE MOST POSSIBLE CAUSES

POSSIBLE CAUSES
- APP sensor # 1 sweep
- Intermittent condition
- (K7) 5 volt supply circuit open
- (K7) 5 volt supply circuit shorted to ground
- APP Sensor
- (K55) APP sensor # 1 signal circuit open
- (K255) APP sensor # 1 signal circuit shorted to ground
- (K255) APP Sensor # 1 signal circuit shorted to sensor return circuit
- PCM

Yo Have you change the APP pedal

click on link to view

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nice thanks for that quick response bro i just realized i had the line pressure sensor in the splice with the F855 circuit (im converting this too 05 pinouts) i swapped in an 05 pcm for tuning with hp tuners
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ive swapped in an 07 pedal and transferred required pinouts

you are welcome

ok will that will make malfunction ,fix it .

if you need anything else on it,wiring diagram

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

APP WIRING CIRCUIT

Chad Farhat
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have an x431 pro 3 scan tool and a snapon solus they show N/A in apps areas
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
for sure brother ill rate you as high as i can youve been the most help on here your good man

Thank you for the Rating :)

If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page

You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
switching from an 03 pedal to an 07 shouldnt be an issue as the pcm pins are the same correct?

i believe so let me double check on the PCM are the same

We have different pin out between 03 and 07 unfortunately

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
yeah i understand that but look at the apps if there swapped then it should be ok

6 pins vs 8 pins

we do have 2 pins duplicated but they have different wires colors

if you connect the 6 pins to 6 pins and leaves the ect 2 what happens

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no difference no pedal hooked it up shows correct circuit numbers think the different colors are for manual/auto applications?

why not rebuild the COMPUTER THAT IS IN IT AND GO BACK TO ORIGINAL

A LOT ONLINE COMPANIES YOU MAIL OUT AND COME BACK TO YOU PLUG AN PLAY ,NO PROGRAMING NEEDED

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

we have 4 different 5 volt supply based on your file ,u sent me ,which wires are you using for 5 volts ?

you need to try every combination possible ,if they all have power ,,

unless the computer bad

that is the only thing i can think off

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
as far as the computer goes i have to use an 05 ecu for tuning

and the 05 has the ecu there ect pins , correct ? i see 2 etc pins ,and pin # 1 and pin 6 are repeated but have different color wires ,so which ones have 5 volts ? where are these 2 etc wires , pins going to ?

do all pins showing 5 volts ,have power on them ,,when checked ?

or some ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
yeah pins 1 and 6 have power thats whats weird and my scanner shows N/A for any voltage too apps

have you tried swamping wires to the ect pins

i m thinking these 2 pin drivers in the ecu are dummies ,, which explain why on scanner ,nothing being read

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i believe the pins are showing different colors are for the different engines ?

not sure on this , get an 03 computer to match

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat