Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just replaced speed cluster keyless entry stop working what…

just replaced speed cluster keyless...
just replaced speed cluster keyless entry stop working what can i do
3/18/2018
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like you replaced the instrument cluster but forgot to swap the RKE module from the old cluster to the replacement. You'll need to remove the module from the back of the instrument cluster, which is a small square module mounted to the back of the cluster. Remove the one from the old cluster, remove the replacement cluster from the truck, and install the module removed from the original onto the replacement.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

ok the small box i know what you are talking about however i replaced this cluster because the dome lights would not come on when dore was oper or when using the keyless entry is this the same module that controls the dome lights?
I do not wish to receive a phone call Im a member already just text please

Interior lights are controlled by the instrument cluster.

it is ok to replace this box without effecting the interior lights

The keyless entry module has nothing to do with interior lights.

sprinkles08
ok I just needed to know because the old cluster was shot thank you
will I have to program the rke module

No.

swwweeeeeTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! thank you very much
on that note I think I can end the chat! your ratting is of course 5STARS

You're welcome and good luck with your truck!