Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The charge light is on inside the dash is and the car dies…

Customer Question
The charge light is...

The charge light is on inside the dash is and the car dies out.Only time it will run is when I put the charger on it,Plus the dash goes haywire when it dies out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

That is what I am trying to find the location of the fuse.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport and yes I am fixing it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It will run long as the charger is charging it other than that it dies out.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin it sounds as though your alternator has failed an isnt charging your electrical system .do you ave a voltmeter to confirm this ?

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic