Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Can i use 1995 intake gasket because it has egr on the 1998…

Can i use 1995...

Can i use 1995 intake gasket because it has egr on the 1998 5.9 i will install and using my 1995 intake

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

6.9

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '95 Dodge?

1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when can i expect to get the answer?
3/18/2018
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish by using a different intake and gasket on your 1998?

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i worked in the auto industry all my life however i was a transmission rebuilder and shop owner. I was curious on the dodge if i would just install the 98 5.9 gas engine and get rid of the egr altogether the cat is already gone from exhaust
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ss367771
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also i did notice when i removed the exhaust manifolds from the 98 engine there are no gaskets should gaskets be used before installation?

Actually the intake gaskets should be the same part number for the 95 and the 98. EGR actually is pumped in externally from the Exhaust Manifold when this engine is equipped with EGR so because of this the intake gaskets are the same..

If no exhaust gaskets are present, then unless the manifolds are warped, put it back together without gaskets. They tend to seal better with out leaking when NO gaskets are used....

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when asking the parts people and without looking at the gaskets myself they say the gaskets go from 1992 to 1997 then they have yet a different number for the 1998 but have not compared the two personally

I went to the AutoZone site and they show the same part number for the 1995 and 1998 --->> Click Here to view <<---

The other listings may include a different gasket or two that may or may not be needed....

Thank you,

Robert

****Please remember, this expert will not be paid for his time and effort unless you "Rate" leaving a "Positive" rating of 3 Stars or better. Thanks in advance for a positive rating ****

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master