Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

DTC Codes P0420 and P0430 on 2011 Dodge Durango Express with…

second opinion] DTC Codes P0420...
second opinion] DTC Codes P0420 and P0430 on 2011 Dodge Durango Express with 95K miles....Check engine light was on for about 10 months with codes P0128 & P0420 (not sure how long each was present). The coolant thermostat was replaced last month, the codes were cleared, then the check engine light returned with codes P0420 and P0430.Vehicle is due for its first New Jersey inspection in 2 months. Owner plans to sell vehicle as soon as possible. What should be done?If a new catalytic converter(s) is/are needed, what is/are the official part number(s)? Ok to get third party? Ok to get used?Is there a relationship between codes P0128 and P0420/P0430? In other words, by not addressing the coolant thermostat for many months, can a catalytic converter problem develop?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also, can you provide instructions in PDF format?
3/18/2018
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

New expert here, I see you are seeking a second opinion, but I am unable to read the previous conversation you had, so is there a specific question you had based on your previous conversation?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any answers you can provide on the questions above would be appreciated, especially if you have dodge experience and can provide part numbers and PDFs

Thanks for the replies, give me a few minutes then and I'll post back in a bit thanks.

Ok, as for the P0128 code, there would be no relation between that code and the other codes for the catalytic converters. One would not affect the others.

For the cat converter codes, they are self explanatory and although there are other "possibilities" for the codes to set, in the real world, the cats will need replacing. I can get part numbers for you but I need to know which engine you have......3.6 of 5.7 lit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The 2011 Dodge Durango Express has a 3.6 L

Thanks for the reply.

The part #'s are 68036556AG and 68037894AF.

When you are satisfied that I have answered your question, please provide a 5 star rating since this is how your expert is compensated for taking time out of their day to assist you. However, if you need any more info please reply back to me before you provide any rating, Thanks again!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you provide instructions in PDF format?
With the Dodge Durango, is it possible to install a Universal catalytic converter?

Here are the instructions for replacing the converter. If you wish to use aftermarket parts, I don't see any reason why not.

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician