Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mytruck will only run 50mph. I don't know whats wrong. 2007…

Customer Question
Mytruck will only run...

Mytruck will only run 50mph. I don't know whats wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

2007 dodge ram 3500 diesel 5.9 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I replaced the fuel filter and added a diesel additive

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/17/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 4 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

Is the check engine light on? Has it been scanned for codes? If not The best thing to do at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robertn