Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need a security code for a stereo in a jeep wrangler. It's…

Customer Question
I need a security...

I need a security code for a stereo in a jeep wrangler

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Jeep Wrangler. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It's a unit I bought to replace my factory unit. They guy I bought it from took it out of a 2015 wrangler, I'm installing it into a 2010 wrangler

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/17/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 4 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, and welcome to just answer. Unfortunately we are no longer allowed to "text" the code where anybody can see it. It is for security reasons. However you can go to the dealer and show them proof of purchase and your ID and VIN number of your Jeep, the serial number off of the new radio (starts with a "T"), and they should provide you with the code. Another way is to go to http://www.radio-code.com/ and get the code that way. We just cannot "text" the code.