Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Installed brand new alternator battery and starter. Car

Customer Question
Installed brand new alternator...

Installed brand new alternator battery and starter. Car started up fine yesterday as well as turning off and back on multiple times. Come out today and it doesn't start. Check engine light is on. I hear fuel pump coming on and I also hear clicks from the engine when turning the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2008 dodge avenger se

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I have check the relays and fuses and all battery connections to starter and alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also have hooked up an obd 2 code reader and have multiple codes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
Trouble codes P1607,P0113, P0300
3/17/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 4 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

Do you have access to a Multi-meter to run some electrical tests?

Let's start by measuring the battery voltage directly at the jump start posts...

post back the results...

Also, I need to know the make and model of your multi-meter?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert