Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I can't even find the starter. Can it be seen from under the…

I can't even find...

I can't even find the starter. Can it be seen from under the hood, or is it necessary to access it from underneath?

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Initially nothing at all. After trying to jumps start it, the engine tried to turn over one time. I removed the battery and had it tested and the battery is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2004 Stratus 2.4 coupe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well, I'm trying to fix it, without much progress. Right now, I'm just trying to find the starter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Will I need to raise the vehicle in order to do this? To access from underneath?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The starter will have to be accessed from under the car, and above it. The bolts are on the bell housing, but the starter itself is on the back of the engine closest to the firewall. I am sending a diagram to help you locate it.

You may be able to get to it from the top once you remove the air cleaner and the engine cover.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.

Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic