Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I went to start my 2014 challenger and it fired up for a…

I went to start...

I went to start my 2014 challenger and it fired up for a second, then died now it wont start and there is a blinking red light where my fuel gauge is

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

No just blinking and when i hit the stary button it clicks and does nothing. The light isnt labeled but its where my fuel gauge is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Challenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything, seems like the car still is on inside

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it so far

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The red light is the security light. Do you have a second key that you can try to see if you can get it started??

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Turns out my key fob was not registering and my car thought it was being stolen. I reset the car by taking off the battery terminals and holding them together for 60 seconds, that mad emu car start again and was able to get to re store and get new batteries for the key fob. Now however I think that my key fob which is the only one I have is malfunctioning, because sometimes still the car does not detect the key fob. Unless you have a different idea as to why this may be happening.

We've been seeing this problem with some challengers detecting the keyfob. On some it has been a faulty fob, on others it ha been a faulty RFH (Radio Frequency Hub) module. At this time I HIGHLY recommend to take it to a dealer for diagnosis and repair. There is special programming required when repairing issues with keys and starting that requires the dealer to perform.

Also, keep in mind that if you get in and it doesn't detect the fob that you can use the FOB ITSELF to press the START button and the vehicle should at that time start. This is a safety measure in case the fob batteries go dead, this way you can use the key to enter the vehicle and the fob itself to press the start button...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Will do, thanks Robert

Thank you.

Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through >>> My Profile Page <<< (Bookmark this link and share it with your friends). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

Robert