Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I️ have a 2001 dodge 2500 5.9 24v and if I’m driving down…

Customer Question
I️ have a 2001...

I️ have a 2001 dodge 2500 5.9 24v and if I’m driving down the road 60mph+ after s couple miles my truck will die and I️ have to bleed the injectors to get it cranked again I️ have changed the tps and put new fuel pumps on it but neither of those helped I’m stuck now I’m what it might be??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Replaced both of them

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I’ve changed the tps sensor and the pumps

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No mam

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/17/2018
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to die and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. You may have a fuel delivery issue or the problem may be electrical such as the ECM or wiring.

The first step in diagnosing the problem was to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting. Have you read the codes?